Join Our Team
Highland Electric Transportation, Inc. (HET) is a comprehensive turnkey solutions provider that delivers electric school buses (EVSB) to school districts and third-party managed fleet providers (3PMs). We offer a model involving financing, infrastructure, vehicle deployment, and maintenance in an easily digestible, economic format that enables EVSB acquisition at traditional diesel cost of ownership.
Our mission is to eliminate the barriers to better student health and cleaner air. We aim to mitigate risk for our customers, increase EVSB market penetration, and deliver positive impacts across a broad spectrum of stakeholders: students, communities, school districts, fleet operators, manufacturers, and utilities.
Location: Home Office—Four (4) State AOR (Area of Responsibility / Sales Territory)
Compensation: Base Salary + Benefits + Incentivized Bonus
The RBM represents an excellent opportunity for the ideal candidate to become involved on the ground level with an organization that offers knowledge building, business expansion and career growth. The Mid-Atlantic Region represents a target rich landscape that will yield excellent opportunities.
- Oversee sales business activities in an AOR (area of responsibility) encompassing the four (4) following states: Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina & Virginia
- Mandatory travel: 50%+
- Work in a team environment to formulate and execute strategies to increase customer base
- Following-up on pre-qualified leads and pipeline opportunities
- Research opportunities, generate qualified leads and grow relationships, maintain accurate and detailed information, and develop a rolling, expansive customer base
- Make cold calls or perform warm outreach, putting outside-the-box thinking to work to develop new and unique sales tactics
- Setting and achieving sales metrics
- Maintain thorough company and product knowledge, research industry and market trends
- Developing and monitoring key performance indicators and report generation
- Utilize Salesforce to ensure standard CRM processes for all sales stages
- Collaborative involvement in sales process evolution
- Bachelor’s degree with prior sales experience, preferably in e-mobility or school bus market
- Demonstrated ability to secure and close business in a gated and deadline driven environment
- Conducting sales analyses in AOR to formulate strategic sales plan
- Ability to set daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly scheduling and travel planning
- Preparing monthly and quarterly sales reports
- Motivational self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Team player, brings out the best in group dynamics
- Excellent written, communication, interpersonal, telephone skills and dedication to customer satisfaction
- Multi-level networking
- Knowledge of sales practices and the most efficient customer service techniques
- Proficient in MS Office and Salesforce
- Interest or prior knowledge of electric vehicles (BEVs) and / or clean transportation
What You Can Expect from Highland
- A supportive, highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Opportunities to make a difference, be heard, add value, and be recognized
- Growth and development with a leader in this new and exciting industry
- Ability to work with bright, innovative, and forward-thinking colleagues
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Highland offers a competitive base salary and performance-based bonus program with a leading, high growth entrepreneurial company. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage, life insurance, public transportation assistance, generous paid time off, and a 401(k) program. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highland Electric Transportation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Highland Electric Transportation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.